Clinics & Services
In addition to general medical consultations we are pleased to be able to provide a number of specialist services and clinics.
Our practice nurses and healthcare assistants are available daily for the following:
- Changing dressings/suture removal
- Contraception advice
- Monitoring of diabetes, hypertension & asthma
- Childhood immunisation
- Travel vaccinations
- Cervical smears
- Advice on weight-loss & smoking
- INR (Warfarin clinic)
- Minor surgery - Dr Vijayan performs minor surgery procedures for our patients and also on a referral basis for other local practices.
- Orthopaedics - Dr Vijayan is a qualified orthopaedic surgeon and performs various procedures for our patients and also on a referral basis for other local practices. These include Carpal Tunnel decompression, Trigger Finger release and various injections.
- Gynae clinic - Dr Malathy provides this service which includes implants and coils.
- Flu clinic - a seasonal clinic for eligible patients. Appointments can be booked in September for clinics during October-December.
- District nurses - the team assists with housebound & palliative care patients and liaises regularly with doctors and nurses at the practice. To access the team please call 01529 220446.
- Baby clinic - run by the health visitor. To contact the health visitor please call 01529 303576.
- Maternity services - appointments can be made to see the midwifery team at Heckington on a Wednesday and Sleaford on a Thursday.