NHS Complaints Advocacy Service
POhWER provide a free, independent and confidential advocacy service to support people with their NHS complaint.
- Support you to make a complaint about the service, care or treatment provided by the NHS, including complaints about your GP, dentist, local hospital, ambulance service or pharmacy,
- Support you with a complaint about health and social care,
- Support you to make an NHS complaint on someone else's behalf, including if someone has died,
- Listen to your concerns,
- Signpost you to the right organisation if we think that someone else can be of more help than we can,
- Answer questions about the NHS complaints procedure and explain your options,
- Provide a step by step guide to making an NHS complaint and offer some tips,
- Provide you with a POhWER advocate, an experienced worker who can help you make your complaint and support you through the NHS complaints process,
- Support you to write a complaint letter, attend a complaint meeting, request access to medical records and refer your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) if the local service is unable to resolve your complaint.
Telephone: 0300 200 0084
Below are link to the Practice and CCG Complaints Leaflets
Complaints Leaflet - SWCCG