General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
How we use your medical records
- This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record.
- We share some of your data with local out of hours / urgent or emergency care service’s. For more information on this please speak to a member of the reception team.
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention.
- Data about you, usually de-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to do, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share de-identified medical records for medical research.
For more information please click on any of the attached links below:
How We Use Your Data
General Practice SAR form
CQC Privacy Notice
NHS Digital Privacy Notice
COVID19 Privacy Notice